- Globalization and development, household cost of living, real income inequality
Selected Work in Progress
- Tourism and Economic Development in the Long Run: Evidence from Mexico's Coastline
Research question: What are the long-run economic consequences of tourism?
- Firm Heterogeneity in Consumption Baskets: Evidence from Home and Store Scanner Data, with Thibault Fally (UC Berkeley)
Research question: A growing literature has emphasized the implications of firm heterogeneity for nominal income inequality. This paper explores the implications for household price indices.
- International Trade, PhD level, (Fall 2013, 2014)
- Macro Development, PhD level, (Spring 2014, 2015)
Seminar and Conference Organization
- Trade Work in Progress Seminar, (Fall 2014, Spring 2015), Link to Fall 2014, Spring 2015
- Berkeley Development Seminar, (Spring 2014, 2015), Link to schedule
- Berkeley Summer Work in Progress Seminar, (Summer 2014), Link to 2014, 2015
- BREAD 27th Junior Pre-Conference, (Summer 2014), Link to schedule