Click to retrieve a pdf file of the article. If you do not have a pdf viewer, email me to request hard copies.
- Welare Economics in Product Markets, with Daniel McFadden, working paper, 2019.
- Foundations of Stated Preference Elicitation, with Moshe Ben-Akiva and Daniel McFadden, Foundations and Trends in Econometrics,Vol. 10, Nos. 1-2, pp. 1-144, 2019.
- Introduction, "Contingent Valuation of Environmental Goods: A Comprehensive Critique,"Edward Elgar Publishing, 2017, with Daniel McFadden.
- Lost Use Value from Environmental Injury when Visitation Drops at Undamaged Sites,Land Economics, Vol. 94, No. 1, pp. 87-96, 2018, with Garrett Glasgow.
- Reply to Comment on: Lost Use Value from Environmental Injury when Visitation Drops at Undamaged Sites,Land Economics, Vol. 95, No. 1, pp. 152-156, 2019, with Garrett Glasgow.
- Correlation and Scale in Mixed Logit Models,Journal of Choice Modelling, Vol. 23, pp. 1-8, 2017, with Stephane Hess
- Mixed Logit with a Flexible Mixing Distribution,Journal of Choice Modelling, Vol. 19, pp. 40-53, 2016.
- Is Depreciation a Component of Marginal Travel Cost? A Literature Review and Empirical Analysis,with Derrick Hang, Daniel McFadden, and Ken Wise, Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, Vol. 50, Part 2, April 2016.
- Patent Valuation with Forecasts of Forward Citations, with Nathan Falk, Journal of Business Valuation and Economic Loss Analysis, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 101-122, 2017.
- Welfare Calculations in Discrete Choice Models when Anticipated and Experienced Attributes Differ, Journal of Choice Modelling, Vol. 16, pp. 15-22, 2015.
- An Adding-Up Test on Contingent Valuations of River and Lake Quality, with William Desvousges and Kristy Mathews, Land Economics,Vol. 91, No. 3, pp. 556-571, August 2015.
- Adequate Responsiveness to Scope in Contingent Valuation, with William Desvousges and Kristy Mathews, Ecological Economics, Vol. 84, pp. 121-128, 2012.
- Reply to "On the Adequacy of Scope Results: Comment on Desvousges, Mathews, and Train," with William Desvousges and Kristy Mathews, Ecological Economics, Vol. 130, pp. 361-2, 2016.
- Comments on Chapman et al. (2009): Inadequate Response to Scope while Passing the Scope Test, working paper.
- Assuring Finite Moments for Willingness to Pay in Random Coefficient Models, with Andrew Daly and Stephane Hess, Transportation, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 19-31, 2011.
- Recovery of Inter- and Intra-personal Heterogeneity using Mixed Logit Models, with Stephane Hess, working paper.
- Monte Carlo Analysis of SP-off-RP Data,
Journal of Choice Modeling, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 101-117, 2009.
- A Control Function Approach to Endogeneity in Consumer Choice Models, with Amil Petrin, Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 47, No. 1, pp. 3-13, 2010.
- EM Algorithms for Nonparametric Estimation of Mixing Distributions,
Journal of Choice Modeling, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 40-69, 2008.
A Recursive Estimator for Random
- Estimation on
Stated-Preference Experiments Constructed from
Revealed-Preference Choices, with Wesley Wilson, Transportation Research, Part B:
Methodology, Vol. 40, pp. 191-203, 2008.
Choice Behavior and the Declining Market Share of U.S.
Cliff Winston, International Economic Review, Vol. 48, No. 4, pp. 1469-1496, 2007
Utility in Willingness to Pay Space: A Tool to Address
Confounding Random Scale Effects in Destination Choice to the Alps, with Riccardo Scarpa and Mara Thiene, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 90, No. 4, pp. 994-1010, 2008.
- Water Supply Security and
Willingness to Pay to Avoid Drought Restrictions, with
David Hensher and Nina Shore,
Economic Record, Vol. 82, pp. 56-66, 2006.
- Households' Willingness to Pay for Water Service
Attributes, with David Hensher and Nina Shore,
Environmental and Resource Economics, Vol. 32, pp. 509-531, 2005.
- Discrete Choice Models in Preference Space and Willingness-to-Pay Space,
with Melvyn Weeks, Ch. 1, pp. 1-17, in Applications of
Simulation Methods in Environmental Resource Economics, A. Alberini and R. Scarpa, eds., Springer Publisher:
Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2005.
Use of a Modified Latin Hypercube Sampling (MLHS) Method in the
Estimation of a Mixed Logit Model for Vehicle Choice,
with Stephane Hess and John Polak, Transportation Research Part
B, Vol. 40, No. 2, pp. 147-167, 2006.
- Mixed Logit with Bounded Distributions of Correlated
Partworths, with Garrett Sonnier, Ch. 7, pp. 117-134, in
Applications of Simulation Methods in Environmental Resource Economics, A. Alberini and R. Scarpa, eds.,
Springer Publisher: Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2005.
- Standard Error Correction in Two-Stage Estimation with Nested Samples, with P. Karaca-Mandic, Econometrics Journal, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 401-7, 2003.
- Quasi-Random Simulation of Discrete Choice Models, with Zsolt Sandor, Transportation Research Part B, Vol. 38, pp. 313-327, 2004.
- A Comparison of Hierarchical Bayes and Maximum Simulated Likelihood for Mixed Logit
- Customer-Specific Taste Parameters and Mixed Logit, with David Revelt
- On the Similarity of Classical and Bayesian Estimates of Individual Mean Partworths, with Joel Huber, Marketing Letters, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp.259-269, August 2001.
- Customer Choice Among Retail Energy Suppliers: The Willingness-to-Pay for Service Attributes, with Andrew Goett and Kathleen Hudson, Energy Journal, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 1-28, 2000. Winner of Award for Best Energy Journal Paper, International Association of Energy Economists, 2002.
- Halton Sequences for Mixed Logit
- Forecasting New Product Penetration with Flexible Substitution Patterns, with David Brownstone, Journal of Econometrics, Vol. 89, No. 1, pp. 109-129, 1998.
- Mixed Logit with Repeated Choices: Households' Choices of Appliance Efficiency Level, with David Revelt,Review of Economics and Statistics, Vol. LXXX, No. 4, pp. 647-657, 1998.
- Recreation Demand Models with Taste Variation over People,,Land Economics, Vol. 74, No. 2, pp. 230-239, 1998.
- Mixed MNL Models for Discrete Response, with Daniel McFadden, Journal of Applied Econometrics, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 447-470, 2000.